Friday, September 22, 2006

Oh boy, I am good.

The Chinese in South East Asia has a very peculiar way of expressing humility - whenever they are complimented they will almost surely reject the compliment - as a way of accepting it with humility. In contrast, Christians use the phrase "Praise the Lord!" as their way of accepting compliments with humility - although sadly to many Christians "Praise the Lord!" is no more than a Christianized version of "thank yous".

My dear earthlings, if you'd like to praise me, praise me! If you'd like to thank me, thank me! If you don't want to, it's OK... - gratefulness has to come from within - not that I need you to be grateful to me... but it's a nice to be acknowledged sometimes. You do know that you can accept compliments AND praise and thank me at the same time, right? ;) Don't be afraid to accept compliments. Take my example, I compliment myself all the time and some of it were even recorded in the Bible; I remember saying what I created was good, good, good, good, good, good and very good. :)

No comments: